Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Ostospray|
|Generic Name||Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution|
Description of the drug
Calcitonin (Salmon) is the main active ingredient present in Ostospray 3.7ml Nasal Solution. Calcitonin nasal solution belongs to the group of medications known as bone metabolism regulators. It is used to treat osteoporosis, which is a brittle bone disease in women, who had a menopause at least 5 years ago.
Indications and Usage
Calcitonin (Salmon) is used to treat osteoporosis in women who had a menopause at least 5 years ago and who did not want to take estrogen products. Osteoporosis is a disease that causes bones to weaken and break more easily. This medicine consists of a human hormone that is also found in salmon. This medicine works by preventing bone breakdown and increasing bone density or thickness.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore this medicine is to be taken exactly as your doctor asked you to take.
-Method of Administration:
The drug is available in the form of a Nasal Solution. This medication should be taken through the nose by a nasal spray. Shake the bottle well before use. Apply this solution by spraying in the nose on closing one nostril by pressing it with your finger keep the bottle upright, carefully and insert the nasal applicator into the open nostril. Press down the pump to deliver the prescribed number of sprays, while gently breathing in through the nose. It is advised to follow your doctor’s instructions while using this drug and also read the leaflet carefully.
Consult the doctor if the dose is missed, it is suggested to take this medication under the supervision of your doctor
The overdose of any drug either purposely or accidently can cause you harmful effects. Sometimes overdose of a medicine may be poisonous too. In case of an overdose, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible
Forms and Strengths
The drug Calcitonin (Salmon) Nasal Solution is available in the following strength under the brand name of FalcigoInj:
- Ostospray- 3.7ml Nasal Solution
- Calcitonin (Salmon) should not be used in patients hypersensitive to any component present in this formulation
- This drug should not be taken by a pregnant woman
- Lactating mother should not use this drug, this drug may have a possibility to pass through a breast milk and harm the unborn child.
- This medicine should not be taken by those patients who have a very low calcium level in your blood (hypocalcaemia)
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Calcitonin (Salmon) cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Ostospray 3.7ml Nasal Solution online, it is advised to do a deep research on its ingredients.
- Patients with a history of a severe allergic reaction, should inform your doctor before when you take this drug.
- Patients with severe liver problems, must take doctor’s advice regarding the use of this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients who are having renal impairment, discuss with your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Those patients who are having nasal or sinus problem, then you must let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament
- Patients who are under 18 years of age must not use this drug. Use it only after your doctor consultation.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that occurs and stays for a longer period of time such as:
- Running nose
- Back pain
- Chest pain
- Easy bruising
- Stuffy nose
- Blurred vision
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Ostospray:
Inform your doctor about your past medical history and get the full list of drugs that may have the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Falcigo Inj.
Ostospray3.7mlcomprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Calcitonin (Salmon).Calcitonin (Salmon) belongs to the group of medications called bone metabolism regulators. Calcitonin is a hormone that occurs naturally in the human body. Calcitonin (salmon) is similar to human calcitonin hormone, but it is more potent and also acts longer than human calcitonin. This nasal spray works by reducing the rate breakdown of the bone that is caused by cells in the bone called osteoclasts and may encourage cells called osteoblasts to build up the bones. This increases the density of bone in the lower spine and slowing down the loss of bone that helps in maintaining the strong bones and reduces the risk of fractures.
Calcitonin (Salmon) NasalSolutions should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate, store in a room temperature. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Ostospray 3.7 ml Nasal Solution are manufactured by Novartis, India. It is a known Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Ostospray Nasal Solution – 3.7ml online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.
Frequently bought along with this product
Generic For : Face Wash 100 gmActive Ingredients : N/ASold Out
Generic For : Milk Pack (Skin Lightner & Nourisher) 35 gmActive Ingredients : N/ASold Out
Generic For : NexiumActive Ingredients : Esomeprazole Magnesium78% OFF
Generic For : Fat EliminatorActive Ingredients : Dietary SupplementSold Out