Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Voltaren|
|Strength||5 ml Eye drop|
|Generic Name||Diclofenac Sodium|
Description of the drug
Diclofenac Sodium is the main active ingredient present in NS-AID 5 ml Eye Drop. It is a sterile ophthalmic eye drop used to treat mild to moderate pain in eyes and act as an anti-inflammatory drug.
Indications and Usage
Diclofenac Sodium is a sterile topical eye drop, is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent (NSAIDS), which works by inhibiting a specific type of prostaglandin that causes inflammation and usually used for the treatment of mild and moderate eye pain
Dosage and Administration
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
Method of Administration:
NSAID is available in the form of a sterile ophthalmic solution used topically and to be administered through ocular route. When you buy NS-AID 5 ml, make a note of the administration instructions mentioned here. Also, follow the directions given by your doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may lead to electrolyte imbalance, development of an acidotic state, and possible nervous system effects. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Diclofenac Sodium Eye Drop is available in the form of a tablet and eye drop in the following strength under the brand names:
- NS-AID eye drop-5 ml
- Voveran 50 mg
- Voveran SR-75 mg
- Voveran 100 mg
- Zobid D-25 mg
- Arthotec-50 mg/200 mcg
- Arthrotec 75 mg/200 mcg
- Diclofenac Sodium should not be used in patients hypersensitive to any of the components present in the formulation
- This drug should not be given to patient who have experienced asthma, urticaria, or other allergic-type reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs.
- This drug is not suitable if the patient had an ocular surgery
- It is not suitable if the patient is having a cornea problem
- This drug is not suitable if the patient is having an eye infection
- Not suitable for those patients who is having hepatic impairment
- This medicine is not suitable for those patients, having diabetes or impaired kidney function
- It is not suitable for those who are pregnant, thinking of becoming pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Diclofenac Sodium cannot be used by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying NS-AID 5 ml Eye drop online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Don’t wear a contact lenses while using this drug
- Do not allow the tip of the dropper to be touched by eyes or hand, this may lead to the contamination of the drug
- Wash your hand with soap and water before administration of this drug
- Shake well before use
- Put the cap on the bottle right away after the use
- Avoid touching the tip of the bottle
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
- May cause blurred vision for some time
- May experience the bitter, sour or unusual taste
- Dry eye may occur in some cases
- Foreign body sensation may occur
- Headache is one of the common side effect that may occur
- Ocular discharge
- Ocular keratitis
- Ocular pain
- Ocular rhinitis
Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:-
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Dry mouth
- Eye fatigue
- Kidney pain
- Lid margin crusting, or sticky sensation
- Tearing and urticaria.
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Diclofenac Sodium:
- Clopidogrel which is used to prevent clotting of the blood
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole or voriconazole used to treat fungal infections
- Hypertension medicines
Other non-steriodal anti-inflammatory agents like naproxen, celecoxib, indomethacine
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Diclofenac Sodium.
NS AID – 5 ml comprises of an activepharmaceutical ingredient called Diclofenac Sodium, which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, act as a pain relieving drug in cases like injuries in the eye or pain due to an eye infection or glaucoma.
Diclofenac Sodium Eye Drop should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this drug out in open.
NS AID- 5 ml Eye Drop is manufactured by Matrix Pharmaceuticals.