Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Nicotinell Patches|
|Generic Name||Nicotinell Patches|
Description of the drug
Nicotinell Patches is the active ingredient present in Nicotinell Patches 17mg. Nicotinell Patches are used in treatment known by the name nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) which helps smokers quit their smoking habit. You can buy Nicotinell Patches 17mg online.
Indications and Usage
The Nicotinell Patches contain the addictive substance nicotine that is found in tobacco and tobacco based products. The patches function by preventing or relieving withdrawal symptoms once you have completely stopped smoking.
However, if you are not prepared to quit smoking completely, the patches still come handy as it helps in reducing the number of cigarettes that you smoke regularly. These patches can also be used in those situations when you need to satisfy cigarette cravings in places where it is prohibited to smoke such as while at work or during a long haul flight.
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dose depends upon the number of cigarettes that the smoker smokes per day. It is essential to consult a doctor who will prescribe the dose for you after examining you thoroughly.
-Method of Administration:
Nicotinell patches come in various doses and sizes of nicotine. It mainly depends on the level of addiction of the smoker. Only one Nicotinell patch can be applied at a time. The patches are packed individually in child resistant packages.
After removing the patch from the sachet and peeling the metallic backing film from the patch, it is to be applied on a dry, clean, healthy and hairless skin either on the trunk or on the upper arm. The patch is to be changed after 24 hours and a next patch is to be applied to a different area of the skin. It is essential to change the location where the patches are being applied so as to prevent irritation of the skin.
Chance of missing a dose is rare as the patches are applied only when there is a requirement.
Chances of overdose when using Nicotinell Patches is almost nil as the nicotine is released in a controlled manner.
Forms and Strengths:
- Forms: Patches
- Strength: 17 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions:
Here are some things to keep in mind while taking the medicine.
- Due to dependency on nicotine in tobacco, smokers who are trying to quit smoking often face unpleasant and nasty withdrawal symptoms and cravings for smoking.
- The patches should be worn for a continuous period of 24 hours.
- It is advisable to avoid situations which will tempt you to smoke. In case you are losing against your cravings to smoke again, do not hesitate to seek support and help.
- The patches should not be used by occasional smokers, non-smokers or children below the age of 12 years of age.
- The patches should be applied on a clear skin and not on wounds, red or irritated or damaged skin.
- Seek medical attention right away if you get serious skin reactions such as itching, severe redness, hives or swelling after applying Nicotinell patches.
- It is advisable not to use the patches in case you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant as Nicotine adversely affects the development of the baby. Ask your Doctor if it is safe to use the patches in case you are pregnant or you are breast feeding your baby.
- Let your Doctor know if you are suffering from any ailments specially if you are suffering from medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, hyperthyroidism, liver or kidney disease, tumour of the adrenal gland or eczema or other skin conditions. Before buying Nicotinell Patche- 17 mg online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
Some common side effects of the medication include:
- Pinching sensation or blisters at the patch application area
- Muscle pain
- Blood pressure changes
It is best to notify your doctor when you are using nicotine replacement therapy as this may affect some of the following drugs such as aminophylline, insulin, chlorpromazine, theophylline, clozapine, cinacalcet, haloperidol, flecanide, pentazocine, olanzapine, pentazocine or ropinirole. Apart from the above there can be other medications too which can be affected by Nicotine replacement therapy. Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Nicotinell Patches-17 mg.
The medicine contains the active ingredient Nicotinell Patches.
Nicotinell Patches should be stored in a cool and dry place away from the reach of pets and children.
It is manufactured byElder Pharmaceuticals Ltd, a leading pharmaceutical company based in Mumbai.