Description of the drug
Triamcinolone Acetonide is the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Kenacort 0.1% (5 gm) cream. Triamcinolone Acetonide ointment is a topical steroid base cream prescribed in various allergic skin conditions like redness, dryness, itching, allergy, swelling, and inflammation.
Indications and Usage
Triamcinolone Acetonide is an anti allergic drug used to treat allergic symptoms such as sneezing, redness, pain of the skin, itching, irritation, eczema, dermatitis, and rashes. Triamcinolone Acetonide is applied topically in order to overcome symptoms caused by allergic reactions.
Dosage and Administration
The dose may vary according to the patient condition, therefore, it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Kenacort 0.1% (5 gm) is available in the form of a cream, to be applied topically on the skin surface. Apply a enough quantity of cream to cover an infected area of the skin and rub it well, wash and clean the affected area with soap and water for better result before applying this drug. Use this drug application as directed by your doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. It may cause some allergic symptoms. In the case of an accidental overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Triamcinolone AcetonideOintment is available on our website in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Ledercort(15 gm) tube
- Kenacort cream 0.1% (5 gm) tube
- This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients present in the formulation
- This drug is not suitable for lactating mothers
- This drug is not suitable for those patients, having sunburn, eczema, or high blood lipid levels
- This drug is not suitable for patients with a blood disorder
Warnings and precautions
Remember that Triamcinolone Acetonidecannot be used by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Kenacort 0.1% (5 gm) cream online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients
- Take this drug only when it is needed during pregnancy, it may harm the unborn baby therefore, it is advised to take this medicament under the doctor’s supervision with a regular checkup
- Use this drug with caution in elderly patients, older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug
- If the patient has reported any kind of allergic reaction in the past with any kind of food, dyes, or medicines, then consult your doctor before applying this medicament
- Avoid wrapping of the affected area
- Wash your hands properly before taking this medicament
- Avoid applying this medication to a normal skin
- Do not apply this medication near the mouth, eyes, and other mucous membrane.
- Do not use this medicament in large amount or more than it is prescribed. It is advised to use this medicament as per your doctor’s prescription
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
Some common side effects that can occur:
- Mild irritation
Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:-
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Tightness of chest
- Peeling of the skin
- Burning off your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect Triamcinolone Acetonide:
- Using other drug with this medicament may show some interaction, so avoid using other drug while using Triamcinolone Acetonide. Contact your doctor regarding the same
- Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Kenacort 0.1% (5 gm) cream.
Kenacort 0.1% (5 gm) Cream comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Triamcinolone Acetonide. Triamcinolone Acetonide is a potent steroidal drug that controls the allergic skin reactions occuring due to eczema and psoriasis. Triamcinolone Acetonide is a corticosteroid that stops the production of inflammatory mediators. It stops the biosynthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes as they have a key role in producing unwanted allergic signs and symptoms. Triamcinolone Acetonide possess anti inflammatory mode of action.
Kenacort 0.1% (5 gm) cream should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Kenacort 0.1% (5 gm) Creamis manufactured by Nicholas Piramal. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company formerly known as Piramal Healthcare Limited, located in Mumbai, India. You can easily buy Kenacort 0.1% (5 gm) online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.