Description of the drug
Soluble Insulin and Isophane Insulin Human Monocomponent are the main active ingredients present in Huminsulin 30%/70% (10 ml) Injection. Huminsulin injection is a parental dosage form which is sterile and used to lower blood glucose in the body. It is a replacement therapy for the management of diabetes mellitus.
Indications and Usage
Huminsulin injection is used to lower blood glucose in the body. Insulin is a naturally occurring hormone made by the pancreas that helps our body to store blood glucose (sugar) from food. For people with diabetes, either the pancreas does not make enough insulin to meet the body's requirements, or the body cannot properly use the insulin that is made. As a result, glucose cannot be used or stored properly and accumulates in the bloodstream. Insulin injected under the skin helps to lower blood glucose levels.
The combination injection is indicated for all those patients, who is having type 1 diabetes mellitus, and mandatory in the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar hyperglycemic states. It is also used to treat patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus when weight reduction, proper dietary regulation, and oral antidiabetic agents have failed to maintain the satisfactory glycemic control.
Dosage and Administration
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Huminsulin10 ml is available in the form of an injection, should be given through subcutaneously that is under the skin. It is advised to use this medication exactly as per your doctor’s instructions. Do not use this drug, if it looks lumpy or grainy, if it looks discolored, or if the bottle or vial looks frosted.
Consult the doctor if the dose is missed, it is suggested to take this medication under the supervision of your doctor.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. In case of an accidental overdose, immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths:
The drug Soluble Insulin + Isophane Insulin Human Monocomponent injection is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Huminsulin 30%/70% (10ml) 100 IU/ml Injection
- Huminsulin 30%/70% (10 ml) 40 IU/ml Injection
- Huminsulin should not be used in patients hypersensitive to any component present in this formulation
- This drug should not be used if the patient is having a low blood glucose level (hypoglycemia)
- This drug is contraindicated in patients having a diabetic coma.
- Do not use this drug if this injection looks lumpsy, grainy, or discolored.
Warnings and precautions
Remember that Soluble Insulin + Isophane Insulin Human Monocomponent injection cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Huminsulin 30%/70% (10 ml) online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- If the patient is dehydrated or having a low blood volume, then this drug is not suitable therefore, it is advised to consult your regarding the same before taking this medication.
- While using this drug, it is important to monitor their blood glucose level regularly. Use this drug exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Use this medication with caution, if the patient is having or had the problem of swelling of the face, lips, throat and tongue.
- If you this drug too often at the same site, it may shrink or thicken the fatty tissue under the skin. To avoid this effect, change the site with each injection. It is advised to consult your doctor regarding the same and follow your doctor’s instruction.
- If the patient is having medical conditions such as kidney, thyroid or liver problem. In this case you should inform your doctor about your medical history with a full list of medicines that you took in the past or taking at present, to avoid any harmful side effect, prior taking this medicament.
- If the patient is pregnant, then it is essential to maintain good glucose control throughout pregnancy.
- If the patient is breastfeeding, then it is required to adjust your insulin dose, therefore you need to use this medicament exactly as your doctor asked to do so.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
- Stuffy nose
- Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:-
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
- Swelling at the site of injection
- Difficulty in speaking
- Numbness or tingling of the lips, finger or tongue
- Difficulty in concentration
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Huminsulin:
- ACE inhibitors (e.g., ramipril, enalapril, lisinopril)
- Anabolic steroids (e.g., testosterone)
- Beta-blockers (e.g., atenolol, metoprolol, pindolol, propranolol, sotalol)
- Birth control pills
- Certain diuretics (e.g., hydrochlorothiazide)
- Corticosteroids (e.g., prednisone, prednisolone)
- Decongestants (e.g., pseudoephedrine)
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Huminsulin 30%/70% (10 ml).
Huminsulin10 ml injection comprises of a combination of two active pharmaceutical ingredients called Soluble Insuin and Isophane Insulin Human Monocomponent. It is a replacement therapy for the management of diabetes mellitus. It is a premixed insulin, contains a mixture of fast-acting insulin (insulin regular) and intermediate-acting insulin. This premixed insulin starts working 30 to 60 minutes after injection, has its maximum effect between 2 and 8 hours, and stops working after about 18 to 24 hours.
Huminsulin injections should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Keep the unopened bottles of insulin in the refrigerator until it is needed, do not freeze this drug. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this drug out in open.
Huminsulin (10 ml) injection is manufactured by Eli Lilly. It is an American global pharmaceutical company with headquarters located in Indianapolis, Indiana, in the United States. You can easily buy Huminsulin (10 ml) online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.