Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Sumycin|
Tetracycline is one of the ancient groups of antibiotics that have been used since 1940’s. Tetracycline is a synthetic and sterile antimicrobial agent used against a wide range of gram positive and gram negative bacteria. Tetracycline was the first drug that termed as broad spectrum antibiotics. The favorable mode of action and absence of significant adverse side effects has led to their extensive use in the treatment of human and animal infections.
Understanding the ailment it is used for:
Tetracycline is a potent antibiotic that is widely employed in various below listed indications:
- Otitis media
- Relapsing fever
- Rocky mountain spotted fever
- Bacterial conjunctivitis
- Typhoid fever
- Intestinal amebiasis
- Skin and skin structure infections like furunculosis, folliculitis and impetigo
Understanding the drug Tetracycline:
How it works?
Tetracycline hydrochloride antibiotic is known to prevent the bacterial growth and replication. It reversibly binds to 30 S ribosomal and 50 S ribosomal subunits and blocks the binding of aminoacyl t RNA to the mRNA. This way, it blocks the bacterial protein synthesis. It immobilizes the bacteria and ceases its activity. It fights with bacteria by interfering in its growth process and cures the infection.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take if you:
- Are allergic to Tetracycline or any ingredients
- Are prone to allergies
- Are under 12 years of age
- Are suffering from liver problems
- Are suffering from kidneys
- Have systemic lupus erythematosus
- Are suffering from asthma
- Are allergic to penicillin
- Have blood disorders like porphyria
- Are suffering from diabetes
- Are suffering from myasthenia gravis
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding a child
What are the strengths available?
This drug is available on our website under different brand names in the following strength preparations:
- Hostacycline 250 mg
- Hostacycline 500 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Hostacycline is manufactured by Aventis Pharma limited, a well renowned pharmaceutical giant. It is available on website in packs of 30, 60 and 90 capsules.
How much to take?
The usual recommended dosage intake is decided by the doctor itself. He assesses the condition and recommends the best therapeutic dose for you. Always take the dose as prescribed by the doctor.
How to take?
Swallow the capsule with full glass of water. Don’t try to open the capsule shell. Always take the medicine at the same time daily and complete full course of treatment.
When to take?
Always take the medicine as instructed by the Doctor or Pharmacist. Don’t consume the medicine in a greater amount. The dose intake varies from patient to patient. So, doctor will recommend the best therapeutic dose for you. Generally, it is taken orally two to four times a day. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any bizarre reaction. Nausea, vomiting and extreme dizziness are few signs and symptoms of overdose.
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day. This reduces the chances of missing dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also have some undesired effects with it. Tetracycline shows common side effects such as:
- Swelling in genital areas
- White patches or sores inside your mouth
- Trouble swallowing
- Swollen tongue
- Vaginal itching or discharge
- Mild nausea, vomiting and stomach upset
Tetracycline has some serious side effects that need urgent medical attention:
- Fever, chills and body aches
- Severe blistering, peeling and skin rashes
- Less urination
- Pale or yellowing of skin and dark colored urine
- Unusual weakness
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Tetracycline hydrochloride. Drugs listed below may interact with Tetracycline hydrochloride and can hinder its normal functioning:
- Nutritional supplements
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Avoid the intake of Aluminum and Magnesium antacids along with it as it may reduce its efficacy
- The use of medicine is contraindicated in children
- Tetracycline can cause diarrhea, stop taking the medicine and consult your doctor if you experience watery and bloody diarrhea
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds as it can make you sunburn. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen when you are outdoors
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
Frequently bought along with this product
Generic For : PrilosecActive Ingredients : Omeprazole
Generic For : FloxinActive Ingredients : Ofloxacin
Generic For : Septra DSActive Ingredients : Sulphamethoxazole + Trimethoprim
Generic For : DuricefActive Ingredients : Cefadroxil
Generic For : FlagylActive Ingredients : Metronidazole
Generic For : MacrodantinActive Ingredients : Nitrofurantoin
Generic For : LevaquinActive Ingredients : Levofloxacin