Description of the drug
Dorzolamide is the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Dorzox 2% (5ml) Eye Drop. It is an ophthalmic sterile preparation, formulated for topical ophthalmic use. This drug contains a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor used to treat glaucoma an eye disorder, it works by inhibiting the aqueous humor formation and reduces the elevated intraocular pressure.
Indications and Usage
Dorzox 2% (5ml) eye drop is used to treat increased pressure in the eye caused by an ocular hypertension and open-angle glaucoma, both eye conditions cause high pressure within the eye known as intraocular pressure that may lead to an eye pain and harm your vision.
Dosage and Administration
- Recommended dose:
1-2 drops is the recommended dose of Dorzox Eye drop. It should be taken twice or thrice daily. It is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
- Method of Administration:
Dorzox 2% (5ml) Eye drop should be taken through ocular route that is through the eye. Shake well before use, open the lid and slowly instill this medicines drop by drop. It is recommended to gently close the eyes for one to two minutes after the administration. When you buy Dorzox 2% (5 ml) online, make a note of the administration instructions mentioned here. Also, follow the directions given by your doctor.
- Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
An accidental overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may lead to harmful effects. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Dorzolamide 2% (5ml) is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
Dorzox 2% (5ml) Eye Drop
Dorzox T-5 ml Eye drop
- Dorzolamide should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredient present in the formulation.
- Dorzox 2% (5ml) Eye drop not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers
- This drug is not suitable for those patients, having diabetes or impaired kidney function
- This drug is not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women
Warnings and precautions
- Before buying Dorzox 2% (5ml) Eye Dropo nline, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients to avoid allergic reaction if the patient has any, with any of the ingredients present in the formulation.
- Do not wear soft contact lenses while using this medicine.
- If the patient had an ocular surgery, then consult your doctor prior taking this drug
- If the patient is having an eye infection, then avoid taking this drug
- If any sign of serious reaction or hypersensitivity occur, immediately discontinue the use of this drug
- Do not allow the tip of the dropper to be touched by eyes or hand, this may lead to the contamination of the drug
- Avoid touching the tip of the bottle
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Blurred vision
- Bitter, sour or unusual taste
- Foreign body sensation may occur
- Headache is one of the common side effect that may occur
- Ocular pain
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Redness of eyes
- Itching in the eyes
- Eye discharge
- Dry mouth
- Eye fatigue
- Lid margin crusting, or sticky sensation
- Swelling of face, tongue, and throat
These are the drugs that can show drug interaction with Dorzolamide and can alter Its pharmacological effect:
- Other eye drop, if you are taking any other eye drop, then consult your doctor regarding the same before starting up this medicine
- Oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitor
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole
- Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Dorzolamide.
Dorzox 2% (5ml) Eye drop comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Dorzolamide, which contains a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. Carbonic anhydrase is an enzyme found in many tissues of the body including the eye. It initiates the reversible reaction involving the hydration of carbon dioxide and the dehydration of carbonic acid, this medicament Inhibits carbonic anhydrase that results in decreased formation of aqueous humor secretion and thus help in the treatment of glaucoma disorder.
Dorzox 2% (5ml) Eye drop should be stored:
- Away from children and pet
- At room temperature in a cool and dry place
- Away from heat, light, and moisture
The drug is manufactured by Cipla Limited. Cipla is an Indian biotechnology and pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India.