Clinadamycin belongs to a class of lincosamides antibiotics. It is a topical antibiotic gel that is used in the treatment of acne vulgaris. It is available in the form of gel as Erytop 1 %-20 gm.
Indications and Usage
Clindamycin is an antibiotic belongs to a Lincosamide family of medicines known for treating a bacterial infection and certain protozoal infections. This drug is indicated for the treatment of Acne, it is a condition in which there is an eruption of a a pimple mostly on the face, back, arms and chest. It is one of the most common condition observed in teenagers. Among this it is also used to treat other bacterial infection like vaginal infection (Vaginitis).
Dosage and Administration
Apply Clindamycin gel exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Keep using the medicine for as long as your doctor prescribes it for you.
-Method of Application:
Clindamycin is available in the form of a gel, applied topically on the skin. Wash your hand and the affected area before the application. Dry the skin using a soft towel and apply a thin film over the affected area and Gently rub it into the inflamed skin well.
Talk to your doctor and let him know if you experience any health changes while taking this medicine.
If you miss the dose take it as soon as you remember, do not take this medicine if it is too late, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the correct scheduled time. Never take two doses at once.
If you have applied more Clindamycin gel than your physician has prescribed, contact your physician straight away. Remember do not take any additional dosage until instructed to do so by your physician.
Forms and strengths:
Clindamycin is available in the following forms and strengths:
- Acnesol gel-1 % (20 gm)
- Dalacin C-150 mg
- Erytop 1% gel- 20 gm
- Clindac A-15 gm
- Acnelak CL Z cream-15 gm gel
- Retino Ac gel- 0.025 % + 1 % (15 gm)
Do not take Erytop 20 gm if:
- You are pregnant or plan to get pregnant. This medicine may cause fatal effects to an unborn child. If you get pregnant while taking Clindamycin, tell your doctor immediately.
- You are a lactating mother
- You have a blood problem
- You have a normal skin
- You are a child under 12 years of age
- You are allergic to any of the components in Erytop 1% - 20 gm gel.
Warnings and Precautions
Erytop contains the active ingredient Clinadamycin. It is an antibiotic gel belongs to a Lincosamide family of medicines known for treating a bacterial infection and certain protozoal infections. It is available in a topical dosage form. Taking this drug with alcohol may cause dizziness and some harmful effects. Therefore, it is safe to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment with this drug. Clindamycin can be obtainable from reliablerxpharmacy.com in 20 gm strength. Buy Erytop 1% - 20 gm Gel online at a much lower price.
Erytop 20 gm may cause serious side effects including:
- Skin reactions. Stop taking the medicine and inform your doctor, if you get any skin lesions, blisters, or ulcers
- Allergic Reaction. If the patient has reported any kind of allergic reaction in the past with any kind of food, dyes, or medicines, then consult your doctor before applying this medicament.
- Large Quantity. Do not use this medicament in large amount or more than it is prescribed. It is advised to use this medicament as per your doctor’s prescription.
- Diarrhea. This drug may cause a severe form of diarrhea when used with other antibiotics, if you develop a severe diarrhea while taking this medication, then, in this case contact your doctor as soon as possible
Common side effects that may occur while taking Erytop 20 gm include:
- Mild irritation
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Reddening of your skin
- Peeling of the skin
- Burning off your skin
Tell your physician if you are consuming any other drugs, including prescription and non-prescription drugs, herbal supplements, and vitamins. Especially, tell your physician if you take:
- Neuromuscular blockers
Keep a list of medicines you take and show it to your physician every time you get a new medicine.
Erytop is an antibiotic that belongs to the class of lincosamides. It binds to the 50S subunit of the bacterial ribosome similarly to macrolides for e.g Erythromycin and inhibit the early stages of protein synthesis, thus stops the growth of a bacteria and cures the bacterial infections.
- Store it at room temperature.
- Keep the tablets in its original tube until it is time to take them.
- Do not store it or any other medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Keep this away from heat, moisture, and light.
- Keep the medicine where children cannot reach.
Erytop 1 % is manufactured by USV LTD., one of the biggest pharmaceutical giants.