Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Biltricide|
Description of the drug:
Praziquantal is an active ingredient present in Distocide 600 mg. It is an anti-worm or anthelmintic medicine that prevents recently hatched insect larvae from increasing in the body. It is used mostly for the treatment of infections that are caused by Schistosoma worms that get into the body through the skin that has come into contact with contaminated water. The worms are endemic in South America, Africa, the Caribbean, Middle Eastern countries, and some parts of Asia.
Indications and Usage:
The medicine may be prescribed for infections that are caused by parasites such as liver flukes, which is a kid of worm that is found in East Asia and that can get into the body through the consumption of contaminated fish. Keep in mind however that the medicine must not be used for parasitic infections in the eyes. A doctor may also prescribe the medicine for conditions that are not mentioned here.
Dosage and Administration
Take the medicine as per the directions of your doctor. Refrain from altering the dosage in any manner and do not take it after the course is completed unless advised by the doctor.
Praziquantal dosage is decided by your doctor as per certain factors including sex, age, and severity of the condition among many others. It is important to follow your doctor’s advice while taking the dosage.
-Method of Administration:
Take the medicine with your meal and with a glass of water. It is generally prescribed to be taken thrice a day or as per advised by the doctor. Swallow the medicine whole, do not crush or break it.
In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember about it. However, if it is too close to the next dosage, skip the missed one. You must not take double dosage of the medicine.
In case of over dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
Forms and Strengths
- Form – Tablet
- Strength – 600 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in pregnant and breast feeding women.
Warnings and precautions:
Here are certain things to keep in mind before you start taking Praziquantal.
- Avoid taking the medicine if you have an allergy to the ingredient or if you have taken rifampin in the last 4 weeks.
- It is also advised that you do not administer the drug to children who are below 4 years of age.
- It is recommended that you inform your doctor in advance if you have suffered from heart disease, liver diseases, a history of epilepsy or seizures, or kidney disease.
- It is a pregnancy category B drug and is not expected to harm the unborn baby if taken while pregnant. However, it can get into breast milk and harm the feeding baby. It is therefore advised that you consult your doctor before taking the medicine if the above conditions apply to you.
- When you take Praziquantal, your reflexes and thinking capability may be affected. Remember to take extra care when you are engaging in activities that require reflexes and mental awareness such as driving.
Before taking the medicine, keep all the above precautions in mind. Discuss all your queries with your doctor before you start the dosage.
Some side effects of the medicine include headache, lethargy, nausea, dizziness, mild fever, upset stomach, or mild skin rash. However, this is not all. There may be other symptoms that a user may experience. You will come across some more side effects while browsing for Distocide 600 mg online.
Certain medications can interact with Praziquantal such as
- St. Johnâ€™s wort
- A barbiturate (amobarbital, butabarbital, secobarbital, mephobarbital, or phenobarbital )
- HIV/AIDS drugs (nevirapine, efavirenz, or ritonavir)
- Drugs to treat narcolepsy (modafinil or armodafinil)
- Seizure medications (felbamate, carbamazepine, phenytoin, oxcarbazepine, or primidone)
The list of drugs mentioned here is not complete. There may be more drugs that the medicine can interact with. Make sure to inform your doctor of any medicine that you may be currently taking to ensure that there are no drug interactions.
The main active ingredient of Distocide is Praziqantal, an anthelmintic agent, which works by killing sensitive worms.
Keep Praziquantal in a cool and dry place.
The medicine is manufactured by Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd, a leading pharmaceutical company based in Surat, India. You can easily buy Distocide 600 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.