Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Glucovance|
|Strength||5 + 500mg|
|Generic Name||Glibenclamide Metformin|
Description of the drug
Glibenclamide and Metformin are the main active ingredient present in Diabetrol- 5 mg + 500 mg. It is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. This medicine for people with type 2 diabetes, it is sometimes used in combination with insulin or other medications, but it is not for treating type 1 diabetes.
Indications and Usage
Diabetrol is an antidiabetic drug used for the controlling of type 2 diabetes. It is used in combination with diet and exercise to lower blood glucose in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Diabetrol is available in the form of a tablet to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take once or twice daily before or after having a meal as prescribed by the doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not double up the dose to compensate the missed one.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may cause you harmful side effect, sometimes it may be poisonous. In any case, of an overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Glibenclamide and Metformineis available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Diabetrol - 5 mg + 500 mg
- Glibenclamide and Metformin tablet should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to a pregnant woman, or to woman who are planning to get pregnant in the near future.
- This drug should not be given to a breastfeeding mother, due to the fact this drug may pass through the breast milk and harm the unborn child.
- Do not use this drug if you have a bladder cancer or moderate to severe heart failure
- Do not use this drug if you have type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Glibenclamideand Metformin cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Diabetrol tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who suffer from any kind of liver problem, including jaundice, then you must consult your doctor before taking this drug.
- Patients who are suffering from any eye infection, then before taking this medicine contact your doctor.
- People having a swelling problem or edema should avoid taking this medicine or ask your doctor once for its use.
- Patients who are having severe anemia that is a disease of less red blood cell than normal. In this condition tell your doctor before taking this medicament.
- If the patients have a problem with low blood pressure, then let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament.
- This medicament should be avoided by those patients who are having any severe kidney problem.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug may be more sensitive to older age people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Bone fracture
- Weight gain
- Inability to sleep
- Low blood pressure
- Blurred vision
- Uneven heartbeats
- Pale yellow skin
- Redness of your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Glibenclamide and Metformin:
- Anabolic steroids
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Glibenclamide and Metformin.
Diabetrol – 5 mg + 500 mg comprises of the two active pharmaceutical ingredient called Glibenclamide and Metformin. Glibenclamide is an oral hypoglycemic drug that stimulates the pancreas to produce more insulin. It acts on the sulfonyl urea receptors present in the pancreas and stimulates the opening of calcium channels. This all leads to more release of insulin.
Metformin belongs to the class of Biguanides and increases the tolerance of your body to insulin by lowering the blood glucose levels. It delays intestinal absorption of sugar into the bloodstream after eating. It has an ability increase the sensitivity of the cells to insulin. It also targets the liver and reduces its capacity to release sugar from liver.
Glibenclamide and Metformin should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this tablets open.
Diabetrol- 15 mg + 850 mg is manufactured by Nicholas Pharma. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Diabetrol- 5 mg + 500 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.