Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Cipro|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma Medisales Pvt Ltd.|
Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride belongs to fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics. Ciprofloxacin HCl is a synthetic and sterile antimicrobial agent used against a wide range of gram positive and gram negative bacteria. Specifically, it is active against gram negative bacteria species like Salmonella, Shigella, Campylobacter, Neisseria and pseudomonas.
Ciprofloxacin like other antibiotics stops the multiplication of bacteria and causes death of the bacteria.
Understanding the ailment it is used for:
Ciprofloxacin HCL is a potent antibiotic that is widely employed in various below listed indications:
- Otitis media
- Bacterial conjunctivitis
- Typhoid fever
Understanding the drug Ciprofloxacin:
How it works?
Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride antibiotic is known to prevent the bacterial growth and replication by inhibiting a very important enzyme called DNA gyrase. This DNA gyrase enzyme plays a very important role in replication of bacterial cell. Hence this inhibits the growth and causes bacterial death.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take if you:
- Are allergic to ciprofloxacin
- Are allergic to Nalidixic acid or other quinolones
- Have a history of myasthenia gravis
- Have a heart rhythm disorder
- Have Kidney disease
- Are suffering from joint problems
- Have hypokalemia
- Have Liver disease
- Have Diabetes
- Encounter trouble breathing
What are the strengths available?
This drug is available on our website in the following strength preparations:
- Ciplox 100 mg
- Ciplox 250 mg
- Ciplox 500 mg
- Ciplox 750 mg
- Ciplox OD 1000 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Ciplox and Ciplox OD is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals private limited, a popular pharmaceutical giant. It is available on website in packs of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How much to use?
The usual recommended dose intake is decided by the doctor itself. He assesses the condition and recommends the best therapeutic dose for you. The usual recommended dose starts from 100 mg and can be increased or decreased depending upon the treatment and patient’s response.
How to take?
Swallow the tablet with full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Always take the medicine at the same time daily and complete full course of treatment.
When to take?
Always take the medicine as instructed by the Doctor or Pharmacist. Don’t consume the medicine in a greater amount. The intake of dosage varies from patient to patient. So, doctor will recommend the best therapeutic dose for you. Generally, it is taken orally after every 12 hours. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any bizarre reaction. Nausea, vomiting and extreme dizziness are few signs and symptoms of overdose.
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day. This reduces the chances of missing dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also have some undesired effects with it. Ciprofloxacin HCl shows common side effects such as:
- Abdominal discomfort and pain
- Vaginal itching or discharge
- Mild dizziness
- Mild headache
Ciprofloxacin has some serious side effects that need urgent medical attention:
- Muscular weakness and tenderness
- Watery or bloody diarrhea
- Depression, confusion, hallucinations, restlessness and insomnia
- Headache , chest pain, fainting and irregular heartbeats
- Vision problems
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Ciprofloxacin. Drugs listed below may interact with Ciprofloxacin and can hinder its normal functioning:
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Avoid the intake of aluminum and magnesium antacids along with it as it may reduce its efficacy
- Ciprofloxacin can cause diarrhea, stop taking the medicine and consult your doctor if you experience watery and bloody diarrhea
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine