Champix Option 4
Varenicline is a drug used in smoking cessation property and is widely used by people who wants to quit smoking. Varenicline decreases the craving or urge to keep smoking. It is one of the most preferred drugs given in quit smoking program.
The ailments it is used for:
Varenicline is a drug given for the smoking cessation. In combination with counseling and education, Varenicline helps in quitting cigarette smoke.
Understanding the drug Varenicline:
How it works?
It contains Varenicline as an active moiety in it. It competitively binds with nicotine receptors in the brain and stimulates them like nicotine. This way, it reduces the pleasurable effect of smoke. Varenicline even decreases the cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Varenicline if you:
- Are allergic to Varenicline
- Have a heart disease or circulation problems
- Have a kidney related problems
- Have a past record of mental illness or depression
- Are breast feeding
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the doctor. Doctor is the one who will decide the best therapeutic dose for you. Individual’s tolerability, health status and body weight are the few conditions that are considered while deciding a dose. The usual dose starts from 1 mg and can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s condition.
What are the strengths available?
Varenicline is available in seven strength combination on our website:
- Champix Option 2 (2.5 mg and 1 mg)
- Champix Option 3 (3.5 mg and 1 mg)
- Champix Option 4 (4.5 mg and 1 mg)
- Champix Option 5 (5.5 mg and 1 mg)
- Champix Option 6 (6.5 mg and 1 mg)
- Champix Maintenance Pack (1 mg )
- Champix Starter Pack(0.5 mg and 1 mg)
Who is the manufacturer?
Champix is manufactured by Pfizer, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 28 and 11 pills.
How to take?
Varenicline is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Fix a quit date for smoking and start taking Varenicline one week before that. Try to quit smoking on pre decided quit date. The other way is to take the Varenicline for 8 to 35 days and decide the quit date within this time span. Take the tablet with full glass of water. Always ask the Doctor to schedule the best way of taking the Varenicline so that quit smoking is achieved as early as possible.
When to take?
Varenicline is generally can be taken with or without food. Take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor.
For how long should it be taken?
The intake of drug is decided by the Doctor only. Take the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor only.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, talk to Doctor or Poisons information centre for advice. Take medical help as soon as possible.
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing dose. Consult your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Varenicline is very effective and potent drug which aids smoking cessation. Every drug has some side effects associated with it. This is not essential that everyone will encounter these below mentioned effects such as:
Very common side effects are listed below:
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Abdominal pain and discomfort
- Dryness of mouth
- Bad taste of the mouth
Some serious side effects are as follows:
- Shortness of breath
- Severe pain in head
- Blistering , peeling and redness of skin
- Bloody urine and stools
- Extreme and sudden weakness generally on the one side of the body
- Fever , soreness of throat
- Blurred vision
- Slurred speech
- Sweating and vomiting
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always tell doctor about the medicines you are taking. Doctor will provide you a list of the drugs that will interact with Varenicline and may hamper its therapeutic efficacy. Some of the drugs that interact with Varenicline and can produce hindrance in its mode of action or can cause undesired effects are as stated below:
- Nicotine replacement therapy
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- Avoid driving, swimming or other activity that require alertness as this drug causes drowsiness
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while using this drug
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Consult with your Doctor if you experience any unusual symptoms