Eating healthy foods may help keep with the demands of your busy life. Eating a high energy diet may help you take better care of yourself and always available for the people who depend on you.
Eat healthy to maintain the energy levels
Your busy schedule sometimes leads to feeling stressed and having lower energy levels. You may improve your energy deficit by eating the energizing foods, which provide you the boost you need to feel refreshed and energetic. Here are some tips that need to boost your energy levels:
- Eat every 4 hours– It is always better to eat small meals every 3 to 4 hours than three large meals. This activity helps keep your metabolism active, maintains lean muscle mass as well as preventing hunger in between meals that may force you to start unhealthy snacking. Also, this approach can reduce the perception of fatigue. Some people start feeling weak or inactive after just a few hours without food. In this case, you are not required to eat much, a few nuts or a piece of fruit is adequate.
- Eat correctly– Eating appropriate portions and not too much reduces the risk of overeating. Eating too much not only leads to unwanted weight gain, but it makes you feel lazy and tired all the time.
- Balance your diet– Half of your plate should be served with fruits and vegetables, one-fourth should be with a lean protein, and one fourth should be with a whole grain food. These balanced proportions give your body the fuel it requires to feel energetic.
- Avoid energy depleting foods– Remove foods from your plate that lowers your energy. Skip sugar rich foods like coffee, tea, energy drinks, candy, and soda. This food variety causes an abnormal rise in the blood sugar level that makes you feel great for an hour, and then causes a glucose crash also called as an energy crash making you feel lower than before.
- Drink water– Water plays a vital role in carrying essential nutrients to the cells and taking away toxins. If your body lacks this main component, one of the first signs is a feeling of fatigue. Numerous energy drinks are available in the market that combines water with electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals required to help regulate body metabolism. But, these extra drinks won’t provide extra energy to you for everyday activities. It is recommended to drink eight glasses of water to maintain an energy level during a day. If you exercise for longer than half an hour, consume small amounts every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Reduce alcohol intake– People who drink alcohol, one of the best ways to protect yourself from the afternoon slump is to avoid drinking alcohol at lunch time. If you want to save your energy for the evening to spend some time with your family, avoid the sedative effect of alcohol at 5 o’clock. If you wish to consume an alcohol beverage, then drink at a time when your body does not require energy. A small drink along with dinner is a reasonable choice. And remember, stay within limits; no more than one drink for women and two for men. Stop after one or two drinks for the night to keep everybody safe.
Instant energy bursts
Here are some foods that you can pick for instant energy, or you can use these in place of energy drinks. These energizing foods provides real energy that your body can use without the sugar crash that comes with other artificial methods.
- Bananas- Bananas are known for their potassium levels. A low potassium level in the body may result in weakness. They are conveniently portable; you can peel them open whenever or wherever you need a quick boost of energy. It has been approved for many diet programs that nature’s fast food (banana) help holds you over until your next meal. It is considered to be the best energizing foods available cheaply in the market.
- Almonds- These are one of the best ways to give you instant energy. Consume a handful of this crunchy goodness to help retain your mental focus. They do not require refrigeration and are ready to serve for you whenever you want to feel good.
Foods for sustainable energy
- Apples- They provide a broad range of minerals and vitamins that your body require, including a diet rich in fiber. It not only keep the doctor away, but also keeps you fueled throughout the day.
- Pineapple- It may not be safe for diabetics and those who are advised to consume low carb diet because of its sugar content, but is considered to be a good option to maintain the energy level till the end of the day. It contains manganese that helps with energy output and is very useful in many other ways.
You should not rely on one specific food to fulfill your energy needs. Provide your body an array of foods as each has its nutritional value.