Description of the drug
Azelastine Hydrochloride is the main active ingredient present in Azelast– 0.05% (5ml) Eye Drop.Itis an Opthalmic Solution, which has an anti- allergic drug that is given in allergic conditions like itchy, red or watery eyes. It is available in the form of ophthalmic solution or in the form of eye drops. Azelastine Hydrochloride eye drops relieve the eye symptoms of hay fever by inhibiting the histamine action in the body.
Indications and Usage
Azelastine Hydrochloride is used to treat seasonal allergic conjunctivitis (and inflammation [itching, redness and swelling] of the conjunctive of the eye) caused due to pollens, dust, animal fur and other allergens. Azelastine Hydrochloride may also be used in the treatment of allergic rhinitis, hives, and itch associated with skin diseases.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Azelastis available in the form of an Eye Drop to be taken through an ocular route that is through an eye.It is advised to shake well before use, then open the lid and slowly instilled the few drops ofthis medicines, after that gently close the eyes for one to two minutes so that eye drops get absorbed well. Close the lid tightly after use.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take double dose at one time.
The overdose of any drug can be dangerous. The overdose may cause you harmful side effect, sometimes it may be poisonous. In any case, of an overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Azelastine Hydrochloride is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Azelast– 0.05% (5ml) ml Eye Drop
- Azelastine Hydrochloride should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to pregnant women, or to women who are planning to get pregnant in the near future.
- This drug should not be given to a breastfeeding mother, due to the fact this drug may pass through the breast milk and harm the unborn child.
- This drug should not be used by children who are under 5 years of age.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Azelastine Hydrochloride cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Azelast -0.05% (5ml) Eye Drops online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who are having severe asthma problem must tell your doctor before taking this medicament.
- If the patients have a problem of slow heart rate, then let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament.
- This medicament should be avoided by those patients who are having any severe kidney problem.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Patients having a cancer should avoid taking this medicament, also consult your doctor regarding the same.
- Patients who have an imbalance acid base balance in your body, then in this condition let your doctor know about your medical condition to avoid any harmful effect.
- This medication is not suitable for diabetes patients. Consult your doctor regarding the same.
- Patients should always remember to use this product with safety, with a clean hands also remember to close the lid immediately after the use.
- Patients who wear soft contact lenses should avoid using this drug, it may harm you.
- This drug may be more sensitive to the older aged people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Runny nose
- Body aches
- Yellow discoloration of an eye
- Dark colored urine
- Eye discharge
- Easy bleeding and bruising
- Blurred vision
- Eye irritation
- Eye pain
- Pale yellow skin
- Redness of your skin
Inform your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Azelastine Hydrochloride. Co- administration of any other eye may cause serious drug interaction therefore, it is safe to consult your doctor regarding your medical history so that any harmful effect will be avoided.
Azelast comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Azelastine Hydrochloride. It belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. Azelastine Hydrochloride is an anti allergy medicine that decreases production of the chemical histamine which is responsible for initiating allergic responses.
Azelastine Hydrochloride Eye Drop should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this eye drop opened.
Azelast– 0.05% (5ml) Eye Drop is manufactured by Alcon Laboratories Inc. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Azelast– 0.05% (5ml) Eye Drop online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.