|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.50||US$ 15.93||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.52||US$ 31.86||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.52||US$ 47.79||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Zithromax|
Azithromycin is an azalide macrolide antibiotic that is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections. It is an erythromycin derivative and acts via inhibiting their protein synthesis process. It is effective against various bacteria some of them are listed below:
- Chlamydia pneumonia
- Eikenella corrodens
- Escherichia coli
- Haemophilus influenza
- Moraxella catarrhalis
- Chalmydia Trachomatis
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Ureaplasma urealyticum
There are wide array of antibiotics present in the market but Azithromycin is one of the world’s best selling antibiotic that has remarkable mode of action with least side effects.
The ailments it is used for:
Azithromycin is an antibiotic given in the following conditions such as:
- Respiratory tract bacterial infections
- Ear infections
- Skin infections
- Ear infections
- Sexually transmitted bacterial disease
- Urinary tract infections, Urethritis
Understanding the drug Azithromycin:
Azithromycin is an antibiotic and have bacteriostatic action.
How it works?
Azithromycin is a bacteriostatic in action as it aims to stops the reproduction process of bacteria. It interferes in the process of protein synthesis process. Azithromycin gets bind with the 50 S ribosomal unit of protein and stops the translation process of mRNA.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Azithromycin if you:
- Are allergic to Azithromycin
- Have jaundice or other liver disease
- Are pregnant or planning to conceive
- Are breast feeding
- Are having Myasthenia Gravis
- Have arrhythmia
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as disease condition, age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. The usual recommended dose starts from 250 mg twice a day in adults. For children, dose starts from 100 mg and can be increased or decreased depending upon the clinical response. Always take the dose as prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Azithromycin is available in four strength combination on our website:
- Azithral 100 mg
- Azee DT 100 mg
- Azee 250 mg
- Azee 500 mg
- Azee 1000 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Azithral is manufactured by Alembic Pharmaceuticals limited, and is available on our website in the packs of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
Azee and Azee DT is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals and is available on our website in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
Azithromycin is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet.
When to take?
Always take the medicine as instructed by the Doctor or Pharmacist. Don’t consume the medicine in a greater amount. The intake of dosage varies from patient to patient. So, doctor will recommend the best therapeutic dose for you. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any bizarre reaction.
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day. This reduces the chances of missing dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also have some undesired effects with it. Azithromycin shows common side effects such as:
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
- Nausea and abdominal pain
- Mild abdominal pain and discomfort
- Vaginal itching or discharge
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Watery or bloody diarrhea
- Chest pain
- Red or purplish skin rash, blistering and peeling of skin
- Swollen face, throat and tongue
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Azithromycin. Drugs listed below may interact with Azithromycin and can hinder its normal functioning:
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Avoid the intake of Aluminum and Magnesium antacids along with it as it may reduce its efficacy.
- Azithromycin can cause diarrhea, stop taking the medicine and consult your doctor if you experience watery and bloody diarrhea
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine