Description of the drug
Fluconazole is the main active ingredient present in Flucomet– 5mlEye Drop. It is an Opthalmic Solution, which has an antifungal properties used to treat various fungal eye infection. It belongs to triazole class of antifungals, well known drug used for various sorts of fungal infections.
Indications and Usage
Fluconazole is used to treat fungal infections of the mouth, throat and food pipe, abdomen, lungs, blood, female genital infections (like vaginal candidiasis) and other organs. Fluconazole is also used to treat fungal infection of the membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as cryptococcal meningitis or fungal meningitis.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Flucomet is available in the form of an Eye Drop to be taken through an ocular route that is through an eye. It is advised to shake well before use, then open the lid and slowly instill the few drops of this medicine, after that gently close the eyes for one to two minutes so, that eye drops get absorbed well. Close the lid tightly after use.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not double the dose to compensate the missed one.
The overdose of any drug can be dangerous. The overdose may cause you harmful side effect, sometimes it may be poisonous. In case of an an overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Fluconazoleis available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Flucomet– 5ml Eye Drop
- Fluconazole should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to pregnant women, or to women who are planning to get pregnant in the near future.
- This drug should not be given to a breastfeeding mother, due to the fact this drug may pass through the breast milk and harm the unborn child.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Fluconazole cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Flucomet -5mlEye Drops online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who are having severe asthma problem must tell your doctor before taking this medicament.
- If the patients have a problem of slow heart rate, then let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament.
- This medicament should be avoided by those patients who are having any severe kidney problem.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Patients who are having a weak immune system or having a Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV), must inform your doctor regarding this problem before taking this medicament.
- Patients having a cancer should avoid taking this medicament, also consult your doctor regarding the same.
- Patients who have an imbalance acid base balance in your body, then in this condition let your doctor know about your medical condition to avoid any harmful effect.
- This medication is not suitable for diabetes patients. Consult your doctor regarding the same.
- This drug may be more sensitive to the older age people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Runny nose
- Body ache
- Yellow discoloration of an eye
- Dark color urine
- Easy bleeding and bruising
- Blurred vision
- Uneven heartbeats
- Pale yellow skin
- Redness of your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Fluconazole:
Inform your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Fluconazole.
Flucometcomprises of an activepharmaceutical ingredient called Fluconazole.It belongs to class of antifungals called triazoles. Fluconazole acts mainly by preventing the growth of fungi. It interacts with chemicals inside the fungus and prevents the synthesis of an essential component of the fungal cell membrane (ergosterol) this results in leakage of cellular contents from the fungal cell, ultimately killing the fungi.
Fluconazole Eye Drops should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Flucomet– 5ml Eye Drop is manufactured by Milmet Pharma Limited. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Flucomet– 5mlEye Drop online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.