Description of the drug
Divalproex Sodium is the main active ingredient present in Dicorate ER – 125 mg Tablet. It is an oral anticonvulsant drugs, prescribed for the treatment of partial fits or seizures, mania, migraine along with various other mental disorder.
Indications and Usage
Divalproex Sodium is used to treat partial seizures, types of fits (epilepsy). It is also used to relieve a headache due to migraine. Also used to control serious manic depression when another medicine (lithium) fails.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
Method of Administration:
Dicorate ER is available in the form of a tablet to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take once or twice daily before or after having a meal as prescribed by the doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take double dose at one time.
The overdose of any drug can be dangerous. The overdose may cause you harmful side effect, sometimetime it may be poisnous. In any case, of an any overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Divalproex Sodium is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Dicorate ER – 125 mg Tablet
- Dicorate ER – 250 mg Tablet
- Dicorate ER CR – 500 mg Tablet
- Dicorate ER CR – 750 mg Tablet
- Dicorate ER CR – 1000 mg Tablet
- Divalproex Sodium should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to a pregnant women, or to whom who are planning to get pregnant in near future.
- This drug should not be given to a breastfeeding mother, due to the fact this drug may pass through the breast milk and harm the unborn child.
- This medication should not be given to the children who are below 2 years of age
- Do not use this medication if the patient is having a urea cycle disorder
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Divalproex Sodium cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Dicorate ER - 125 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who are having genetic liver problem caused by mitochondrial disorder, then you must letl your doctor know regarding this befor taking this medicament.
- If the patients have a problem of hepatic impairement, then let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament.
- Patients who are having a history of cancer then before taking this medicament let your doctor know.
- This medicament should be avoided by those patients who are having any severe kidney problem.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Pateints who are having past episodes of depression or a suicidal thoughts, in this condition you should consult your doctor prior taking this medicament.
- Pateints having sick sinus syndrome or a vertigo, should avoid taking this medicament, also consult your doctor regarding the same.
- Patients who have problem of uneven heart rate or a fast or slow heart rate, then in this condition let your doctor know about your medical condition to avoid any harmful effect.
- This medication is not suitable for diabetes patients. Consult your doctor regarding the same.
- This drug may be more sensitive to the old aged people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Changes in appetite
- Unusual weight gain
- Worsening seizures
- Pain in the right side of the stomach
- Low blood pressure
- Difficulty in breathing
- Easy bleeding
- Thoughts of dying or suicide
- Uneven heartbeats
- Pale yellow skin
- Redness of your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Divalproex Sodium:
- Birth control pills
- HIV or AIDS medicines
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Divalproex Sodium.
Dicorate ER comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Divalproex Sodium. Divalproex Sodium belongs to a class of medications called as anticonvulsants. It acts by reducing or preventing the number of seizures and by controlling the abnormal activity of nerve signals in the brain.
Divalproex Sodium tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets opened
Dicorate ER – 125 mg tablet is manufactured by Sun Pharma limited. It is a well known Indian pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India. You can easily buy Dicorate ER – 125 mg Tablet online from our website and have it will delivered at your doorstep.