- Amlodipine Besilate + Benazepril
- Amlopres + Benace
- 5 + 5 mg
- Amlodipine Besilate + Benazepril
Amlopres + Benace
Amlodipine Besylate is a calcium channel blocker and is used in hypertension and prevents chest pain. Benazepril is an ACE inhibitor (angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor). The fixed dose combination of both the drugs is recommended in conditions like hypertension and other cardiovascular conditions.
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril are given in mild to moderate hypertension.
Understanding the drug Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril:
How it works?
Amlodipine Besylate is a long acting calcium channel blockers used in hypertension and chest pain (angina pectoris).
Amlodipine Besylate is a calcium channel blocker as it stops the influx of calcium ions through L type calcium channels. By inhibiting the entry of calcium channels it decreases the contractility of arterial smooth muscles and causes vasodilation. This all leads to relaxation of blood vessels and aids smooth arterial blood flow. In this way, it reduces the elevated blood pressure
Benazepril is an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor and it relaxes the constricted blood vessels and helps heart in pumping the blood more easily. It reduces the post heart attack damage by supplying sufficient oxygen supply. In case of kidney problems, it improves the blood supply in the vessels found in the kidneys and reduces the chance of getting hypertension and post diabetes effects.
They both collectively reduce the elevated levels of blood pressure effectively and are considered one of the most effective drugs given in cardiovascular diseases.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril if you:
- Are allergic to Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril
- Are allergic to other ACE inhibitors
- Have liver problems
- Have any other heart problems
- You are taking low salt diet
- Have heart disease or congestive heart failure
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Ever had angioedema
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. The general recommended dose starts from one tablet of Amlodipine 2.5 mg/ Benazepril 10 mg and can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s condition and demand. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril tablets contain the following two strength combinations that are available on our website:
- Amlopres + Benace 2.5 mg + 10 mg
- Amlopres 5 mg + 2 tabs of Benace + 20 mg
- Amlopres + Benace 5 + 5 mg
- Amlopres + Benace 10 +10 mg
- Amlopres + Benace 5 + 10 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Amlopres is manufactured by Cipla pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
Benace is manufactured by Novartis Pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it.
When to take?
Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril is taken once daily with or without food. It can be taken with or without food a day. It is the best way to take medicine same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
- Red skin rash
- Rapid heart rate
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
Serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
- Swelling in your hands and feet
- Worsened chest pain
- Fever and chills
- Sore throat
- Rapid weight gain
- Hyperkalemia conditions like bradycardia, weak pulse and muscle weakness
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Amlodipine Besylate and Benazepril:
- Gold injections for arthritis
- Potassium supplement
- Diuretics like hydrochlorothiazide
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- This medicine can pass into breast milk and can cause fetal harm
- Limit the intake of alcohol beverages and avoid activity that requires alertness as it causes dizziness
- Monitor your blood pressure levels regularly
- In patients with coronary artery disease, angina and myocardial infarction may develop with this drug. So, there is need to do dose adjustment
- Excess of sweating, vomiting and diarrhea causes loss of water in excess and increases the risk of lightheadedness. Always compensate the fluid loss or dehydration with drinking loads of water
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose