Amlodipine Besilate+Atenolol 5+50 mg (Amlopres AT) Tablet.
Description of the drug
Amlodipine besilate and Atenolol are the main active pharmaceutical ingredients present in AmlopresAT 5+20 mg tablets, this combination of drugs is an oral medicament used to treat high blood pressure and prevent stroke, certain heart rhythm problems, and kidney problems.
Indications and Usage
Amlodipine besilate is a calcium channel blocker, and Atenolol is a beta blocker, both the drug works by relaxing and widening of the blood vessels that makes easier for the heart to pump the blood around the body and thus increases the supply of oxygen and blood to the heart. Amlodipine besilate works by inhibiting the calcium channel that decreases the contractility of smooth muscles of arteries and causes vasodialation that leads to relaxation of blood vessel and helps in free flowing of blood to the heart. The other drug Atenolol is a beta blocker, it gets bound with beta receptor present in the heart and relaxed the blood vessels that leads to lowering of blood pressure and thus cure hypertension.
Dosage and Administration
The dose may vary according to the patient condition, therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
Method of Administration:
Amlopres AT is available is the form of a tablet taken orally by mouth with a full glass of water, it is advised to take once daily before or after having a meal. Take this medicine daily to get the maximum benefit of this drug.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may make you feel nauseatic; it may also cause a severe headache, vomiting, and many other allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Amlodipine besilate+Atenolol is available in the following strength under the brand name of :
Amlopres AT-5+20 mg
- This drug is contraindicated in pregnant and breastfeeding women. Use of this drug may cause fatal effects in infants
- Do not take this drug if the patient is having or had the problem of swelling of the face, lips, throat and tongue
- Don’t use this drug if the patient is on dialysis
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a high level of potassium in his/her blood
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Amlodipine besilate+Atenolol cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Amlopres AT5+20 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- If a patient is suffering from any kind of liver and kidney problem, this drug is harmful to this condition, so avoid taking it
- If a patient suffered recently with excessive vomiting and/or diarrhea, this drug may worsen the condition therefore, consult your doctor before taking this medicine
- Do not drive or use any machinery because using these tablets may have a minor or moderate effect on your ability to drive and using of machines. They may cause dizziness, so avoid driving and using machines, while taking this drug
- If you have a history of stroke or a recent heart attack than consult your doctor before taking this medicine
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
- Inflammation of the liver
- Reduced number of red blood cells (anemia)
- Reduced number of platelets
- Liver function abnormalities
- Muscle and joint pain
- Changes in kidney function
- Flu-like symptoms
- Back pain and urinary tract infection
- Sensitivity to light
- Unexplained weight gain
- Low sodium levels in the blood
- Swelling of hands
- Low level of sugar in the blood
- High level of potassium in the blood
- Increases in blood urea
- Yellowing of the skin (jaundice)
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Amlodipine besilate+Atenolol
- Antifungals such as itraconazole and ketoconazole
- Beta blockers such as atenolol, metoprolol, nadolol, propranolol, and timolol
- Carbamazepine such as Tegretol
- Cimetidine such as Tagamet
- Clarithromycin such as Biaxin, Prevpac
- Medications to treat high blood pressure
- Non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory painkillers (such as ibuprofen, or diclofenac)
- COX-2 inhibitors like celecoxib, etoricoxib
- Lithium, a drug used to treat certain mental disorders
- Diuretics eg. furosemide
- ACE inhibitors such as captopril and lisinopril.
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines it may cause additional reduction in the blood
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of AmlopresAT (5+20 mg) tablet.
Amlopres AT tablet comprises of the active pharmaceutical ingredients Amlodipine besilate and Atenolol. Amlodipine Besilate is a calcium channel blocker and Atenolol is a beta blocker drug. Bot are used in combination to treat hypertension (lowering of blood pressure) and works by relaxing the muscles of the heart, so that the heart does not have to work hard and allow blood and oxygen to flow more easily to the heart, it may also lower the heart rate.
Amolpres AT tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Amplopres AT tablets ar manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals, an Indian biotechnology and pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India.