Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Methyldopa|
Description of the drug:
Methyldopa is the primary active ingredient present in the drug Alphadopa 250 mg. This drug belongs to a group of antihypertensive medication. It is included in the most needed medicine list by the World Health Organization. Alphadopa 250 mg is effectively used for the treatment of high blood pressure, which can be due to pregnancy or otherwise. It is also used to cure pre-eclampsia.
Dosage and administration
The recommended dose of this medicine for adults is 250 mg two to three times daily with sufficient amount of water. This medicine can be given along with the meal as per the recommendation of the doctor. The dose should be changed as per the response of the patient towards the medicine, but only under the supervision of your doctor. Consult your physician after a regular time interval of 3 to 4 weeks.
-Mode of administration:
Methyldopa is available in the form of a tablet, and this makes it easier to be consumed orally with sufficient amount of water. Completely swallow this medicine with water. Do not chew it.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In the case of any complications, please contact your doctor immediately.
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and Strengths:
Methyldopa drug is available in the form of a tablet, and it applies to the following strength/s:
- Alphadopa – 250 mg
You can buy Alphadopa 250 mg drug online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com at a very reasonable price.
Alphadopa 250 mg drug is reported to contraindicate in the following cases:
- Patient with cardiovascular disorders
- Ulcers and profuse bleeding
- Old aged people after 60 years of age
Warnings and Precautions:
You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background to the doctor. Methyldopa has been reported to cause severe hypersensitive reactions in some cases
- Please consult your physician before taking Methyldopa along with other medications. This can cause fatal complications.
- If a patient has to undergo surgery, one has to make sure to inform the doctor beforehand. Anaesthesia can lead to low blood pressure if the patient is taking this drug
- In case if a patient is suffering from the renal problem, consult your doctor before consuming this medication. Methyldopa drug can hurt kidneys, heart, and liver
- Avoid drinking alcohol while using Methyldopa. Alcohol can interfere with the working of this drug
- Avoid smoking along with this medicine. Smoking can block the functioning of this drug
- When tobuy you Alphadopa 250 mg drug online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com, make sure to make a note of all the instructions mentioned here and follow them strictly.
Methyldopa drug is known to have severe complications and some of the below-mentioned side effects:
- Weight gain
- Joint Pain
- Fast heartbeat
- Itching and rashes
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulties
- Profuse sweating
- Blurred vision
- Speech difficulty
- Loss of appetite
- Pale yellow skin and eyes
- Blood in stool and nosebleed
- Pain while urinating
- lack of muscle coordination
Several medicines interfere with the effectiveness of this drug Alphadopa 250 mg. Some of these drugs are:
- Ferrous sulphate
- Ferrous gluconate
- Lithium containing drugs
- Anticoagulants like warfarin, rivaroxaban, and clopidogrel
- Medicines used to treat cardiovascular disorders like diuretics and ACE inhibitors
- Medicines used to treat bipolar disorders like lithium carbonate
- Sodium polystyrene sulfonate
Alphadopa 250 mg drug contains the following main ingredient/s:
This medicine acts as a selective and potential inhibitor of the enzyme DOPA decarboxylase. DOPA decarboxylase helps in conversion of L-DOPA into Dopamine. Dopamine is a precursor metabolite of adrenaline and helps in actually lowering the blood pressure.
- Store this drug at room temperature and please avoid it from heat and moisture
- Keep this medicine at a distance from pets and children
- Do not refrigerate the medicine
Alphadopa 250 mg drug is manufactured by one of the global transnational pharmaceutical company namely Sun Pharma.