Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Alfacip|
Description of the drug
Alfacalcidol is the main active ingredient present in Alfacip– 0.25mcg. It belongs to a group of medicines called vitamin D analogues. It is a type of vitamin D that controls the levels of two substances in your body, namely calcium and phosphate. This drug is used to treat diseases where the amount of calcium in your body is required.
Indications and Usage
Alfacalcidol is indicated in conditions where there is a disturbance of calcium metabolism and used to treat renal osteodystrophy, Hypocalaemia, Hyperphosphataemia, Vitamin D dependent rickets, Managing hypocalaemia in patients undergoing dialysis for chronic renal failure. Since it does not require any activation process by kidney like other vitamin D supplements, it is more useful for people who have a kidney problem.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Alfacip is available in the form of a Capsule to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take this medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
Do not take double dose at one time. If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.
The overdose of any drug either purposely or accidently can cause you harmful effects. Sometimes overdose of a medicine may be poisonous too. In any case, of an any overdose, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Alfacalcidolis available on our website in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Alfacip– 0.25 mcg capsule
- Alfacalcidol should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to a pregnant woman
- Breastfeeding mother, must not take this drug because it may harm the unborn child as it has a tendency to pass through the breast milk
- Do not use this medicine, if you have a high level of calcium, phosphate, and magnesium in your blood.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Alfacalcidol cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Alfacip-0.25mcgCapsules online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Diabetic patients are advised to use this medicament only after your doctor’s consultation.
- Patients who are having a bleeding disorders, should take the consultation of your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Patients who have a problem of high blood pressure, then you must inform your doctor before taking this medicine.
- This medicament should be avoided by those patients who are having any kidney problem or it is safe if you consult your doctor and then take this medicine.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Patients who are having any liver disorder, in this condition you should consult your doctor prior taking this medicament.
- Patients having an epilepsy problem or any other mental disorder, should avoid taking this medicament or discuss this problem with your doctor before starting this course of medicine.
- Patients who have problem of uneven heart rate or a fast or slow heart rate, then in this condition let your doctor know about your medical condition to avoid any harmful effect.
- This drug may be more sensitive to the older aged people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Loss of appetite
- Redness of your skin
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
- Heart palpitation
- Bone and muscle pain
- Runny nose
- Hair loss
- Vision problem
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Alfacalcidol:
- Thiazide diuretics
- Magnesium based anstacids
Inform your doctor about your medical history and get the full list of drugs that may have the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Alfacalcidol.
Alfacip comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Alfacalcidol. It is a vitamin D substitute, works by increasing the amount of vitamin D in your body.
Alfacalcidol Capsule should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Alfacip– 0.25mcg is manufactured by Cipla, India. It is a well known Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Alfacip– 0.25 mcg capsule online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.