Description of the drug
Sulfacetamide is the active ingredient present in Albucid Eye Drop 20% 10ml. The medicine is used to treat any bacterial eye infection. You can buy Albucid Eye Drop 20%-10ml online also.
Indications and Usage
Sulfacetamide is an antibiotic eye drop that is mainly prescribed to those with bacterial eye infection.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be determined by the doctor after examining you thoroughly.
-Method of Administration:
The medicine is to be applied in the affected eye as per the direction of the doctor. Applying of eye drop is very easy and can be done by oneself only. However, you can take the help of a friend who will apply the prescribed dose in the affected eye.
It is advisable not to miss any dose of the medicine as it will delay the recovery. In case you miss a dose take the dose as soon as you remember. However, do not take extra medicine to compensate the missed dose.
In case of overdose you must get medical attention immediately.
Forms and Strengths:
- Form: Eye Drop
- Strength: 10ml
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions
- You must not use the medicine if you are allergic to it or any other sulfa based drugs or if you have any fungal or viral infection in your eye. This medicine can only be used for the treatment of bacterial infection.
- If you are breast feeding your baby or pregnant or planning to be pregnant you must consult your doctor before using the medicine.
- You must remove your contact lenses before applying the medicine. Also, care should be taken to ensure that there is sufficient gap after applying the medicine and before you resort to wearing contact lenses again.
- The medicine is a prescribed drug and it is available only with a doctor's prescription.
- After you apply the medicine your vision may go blurry for some time. Hence it is important that you do not take part in activity that requires clear vision for sometime till you are able to see clearly again.
- You must inform your doctor about your medical history and also the medicines that you are taking currently so that there is no drug interaction.
- After taking the medicine your eyes may become sensitive to light. Hence you can wear sunglasses if you go out in the sun.
Some common side effects of the medication include:
- Swelling of eyelid
- Blurred vision
- Itching of eyelid
- Eye redness
The above list is not the complete list of side effects. There may be some others too. If the side effects subsides after sometime then no need to worry or else get yourself checked by a doctor.
You must not use eye drops that contain nitrates or any other eye drops when using Sulfacetamide. Let your doctor know about any medicine that you are taking currently so that there is no drug interaction.
The medicine contains the active ingredient Sulfacetamide. The drug limits the folic acid production that requires by the bacteria to grow and develop. This restriction kills the bacteria.
Always store the medicine in a dark and cool place and ensure that pets and children do not have access to it.
It is manufactured by Allergan. You can easily buy Albucid Eye drop 20%-10 ml online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.