Description of the drug
Clindamycin phosphate is the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Acnesol 1% (20 gm) Gel. Clindamycin Phosphate is a topical antibiotic gel that is used in the treatment of acne vulgaris. It belongs to a class of lincosamides antibiotics, works by killing bacteria that causes acne and decreases the amount of free fatty acids that irritates the skin surface.
Indications and Usage
Clindamycin Phosphate is a antibiotic belongs to a Lincosamidefamily of medicines known for treating bacterial infections and certain protozoa infections. This drug is indicated for the treatment of Acne vulgaris, it is a condition in which there is an eruption of mild to severe pimples and cysts mostly on the face, back, arms and chest. It is also known as juvenile Acne. It is one of the most common condition observed in teenagers. Among this it is also used to treat other bacterial infection like vaginal infection (Vaginitis).
Dosage and Administration
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Acnesol is available in the form of a gel, to be applied topically on the skin surface. Apply a enough quantity of Gel to cover an infected area of the skin and rub it well, wash and clean the
affected area with soap and water for better result before applying this drug. Use this drug application as directed by your doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. It may cause some allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Clindamycin Phosphate is available on our website in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Acensol Gel 1% (20 gm)
- Clindac -A 1% (20 gm)
- Erytop 1% Gel (20 gm)
- This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients present in the formulation
- This drug should not be used in children under 12 years of age
- This drug is not suitable for lactating mothers
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient is having any blood problem
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Clindamycin Phosphate cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before you buy Acnesol1% (20 gm) Gel online, it is necessary to do a
- thorough research on its ingredients.
- If a patient is suffering from any kind of liver and kidney problem, then it is advised to consult your doctor and let him know about your medical history prior taking this drug.
- Take this drug only when it is needed during pregnancy, it may harm the unborn baby therefore, it is advised to take this medicament under the doctor’s supervision with a regular checkup.
- This drug may cause a severe form of diarrhea with other antibiotics, if you develop a severe diarrhea while taking this medication. In this case contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Use this drug with caution in elderly patients, older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug.
- If the patient has reported any kind of allergic reaction in the past with any kind of food, dyes, or medicines, then consult your doctor before applying this medicament
- Avoid wrapping of the affected area.
- Wash your hands properly before taking this medicament.
- Avoid applying this medication to a normal skin.
- Do not apply this medication near the mouth, eyes, and other mucous membrane.
- Do not use this medicament in large amount or more than it is prescribed. It is advised to use this medicament as per your doctor’s prescription.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Mild irritation
Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious :-
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Tightness of chest
- Peeling of the skin
- Burning off your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Clindamycin Phosphate:
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Acnesol Gel.
Acnesol 1% (20 gm) gel comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Clindamycin Phosphate. Clindamycin Phosphate is an antibiotic that belongs to the class of lincosamides. It binds to the 50S subunit of the bacterial ribosome similarly to macrolides such as erythromycin and inhibit the early stages of protein synthesis, thus stops the growth of a bacteria and this is how it cures the bacterial infections.
Acnesol Gel should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this drug out in open.
Acnesol 1% (20 gm) Gel is manufactured by Systopic Laboratories Private Limited. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company, located in New Delhi, India.