Lidocaine is categorized as class IB antiarrhythmic drug given in order to treat ventricular arrhythmias. This desensitizing property of the drug makes it useful in the treatment of premature ejaculation.
It does not cure premature ejaculation but it helps to delay orgasm and improves quality of sex. Lidocaine is available in the form of topical spray dosage form on our website.
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Lidocaine is used in the premature ejaculation. It is always in demand as it has rapid onset of action and intermediate duration of efficacy. Lidocaine has shown promising results in the treatment of ventricular tachycardia.
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation is a common condition suffered by many people. It is a condition in which ejaculation occurs sooner than desired, before or shortly after penetration. This can be a reason of distress for your partner and affects the quality of sex life. There is no exact underlying cause but psychological factors like stress, anxiety and certain health problems could be the reason.
Understanding the drug Lidocaine:
How it works?
Lidocaine is a local anesthetic that selectively desensitizes penile skin and does not affect the ejaculating sensation. It blocks the nerve impulse transmission in the head of the penis. This decreases the stimulation and helps to delay ejaculation time and allows satisfactory sexual activity. It is available as a cutaneous spray solution containing 10mg of Lidocaine per ml. It is available with a doctor’s prescription.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Lidocaine if you have:
- Heart problems
- are suffering from epilepsy
- Liver or kidney problems
- Open wounds or infection
How much to apply?
This medicine is meant to be used after doctor’s recommendation. Always follow doctor’s instructions. The usual Lidocaine 10% w/w is prescribed by the doctor to overcome the problem of premature ejaculation.
What are the strengths available?
Lidocaine is available in the following strength preparation on our website:
- Climax Spray 10%w/w
Who is the manufacturer?
Climax Spray is manufactured by Care Pharmaceuticals private limited, a well known pharmaceutical company and is available on our website in the packs of 3, 6 and 9 sprays.
How to use?
Lidocaine is advised to be used as per doctor’s instructions. The dose depends upon the size of the area and the procedure involved.
- Shake the bottle container well so that medicament should spread equally with the propellant. It should be primed by pressing the piston once or twice.
- Spray the medicament from a distance of 5 cm on the head and shaft of the penis
- Rub the skin lotion into the skin of the penis until it is completely absorbed
- The number of sprays are decided by the doctor which helps in achieving the long lasting sex by delaying ejaculation
When to use?
Always use the medicine as instructed by the doctor. It is used before the sexual intercourse to overcome the problem of premature ejaculation.
For how long should it be used?
Use the drug as long as your Physician asks you. Lidocaine helps in desensitizing the penile nerves and helps in delayed orgasm. It doesn’t cure the root cause of premature ejaculation. It just helps you to have satisfactory sexual intercourse. Consult your physician as dose can be adjusted time to time depending upon your response.
What if you use too much (overdose)?
If overdose, talk to your doctor immediately in order to avoid any unusual symptoms like:
- Blurred vision
What if you miss the dose?
Lidocaine has to be used when it is needed so there are no chances of missing a dose.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine has some side effects, same goes for Lidocaine also. It is not necessary that everyone will experience all of them. You may need medical attention in case the following troubles arise:
- Breathing problems
Mild side effects posed by Lidocaine includes following effects:
- Changes in vision
- Chest pain
- Severe rashes
- Increased sweating
Are there any possible drug interactions?
The following drugs should be avoided in case doctor prescribes you Lidocaine in order to avoid possible drug interactions:
- Propranolol and other beta blockers
- Local anesthetics
- Anti-arrhythmic drugs
- Amide type anesthetics
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Store the medicine in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat and light
- Don’t use Lidocaine if your partner is allergic to it
- Avoid contact with eyes and direct inhalation
- If it irritates or create some unusual problem to you and your partner, discontinue its use
- Excess numbness can cause temporary loss of erection and if symptoms persists talk to your doctor
- This medicine doesn’t offer any protection from sexually transmitted diseases. To avoid that, use mechanical contraceptive i.e. condoms
- It is meant for external use only
- Don’t use this product if your partner is being treated for liver or kidney disease