Pizzas, burgers, fries, and pastas are junk foods that help satisfy our hunger levels but play a major role in keeping us unhealthy. However, there are certain foods that help you reduce your weight and calories. Having healthy foods as snacks and filling up your diet with lots of water and freesh fruit juices is really helping in beating extra calories.
Here secret foods don’t mean any secret food at all. Secret means that how the foods and ingredients those are by your hand can help you in reducing your extra calories and shedding extra pounds. Below are some of the foods that may help you in reducing calories and losing weight:
- Beans- You will be surprised to know that these versatile foods are a great source of protein. Beans are high in fiber and slow to digest, which means that it keeps you feeling full for longer time, which may stop you from eating more. This results in losing your weight automatically.
- Green tea- Green tea helps in reducing calories automatically without any efforts. It is full of antioxidants called catechins, that prevents heart-related conditions. These have the capability to speed up your metabolism and fat burning.
- Eggs- As compared to bagel, eggs are better for breakfast. As eggs are full of proteins and also keeps you feel fuller longer. A study on overweight women in the United States found that women who ate eggs in the morning along with slices of toast and a reduced-calorie fruit spread consumed less than women who had a bagel breakfast of equal calories.
- Salads- Salads can make your day because these are super foods, which have the capability to provide you with fresh vegetables and fruits. Green salad is a source of high fiber and other anti-oxidants, which are very healthy for your body. Moreover, to make your salads powerful for you then add nuts, grains, steak, and salamis to it.
Also Read: 8 Ways to Stay Fit
- Grape fruit– A study performed in the year 2006 on obese people at the Nutrition and Metabolic Research Center at Scripps Clinic have shown that people who have eaten grapefruit before each meal three times a day helped in dropping three pounds over 12 weeks. This happens because grape fruit’s phytochemicals reduce insulin levels, a process that may force your body to convert calories into energy rather than flab. Further, be careful before having it because if you are taking certain medications then the result may reverse the effect.
- Soup- Soups are the better options before having a meal. This is because soups are high in nutrition and proteins, which keeps you full and may also help you end up eating less. Moreover, if you want your soup to work for you then skin dollops of cream and butter.
- Salsa- Salsa is like your best friend, as ¼ cup of it contains less than 20 calories. You can have it bottled or fresh, which works as a low-cal dip for crunchy veggies like hummus, baby carrots and celery sticks.
- Salmon- Fish food preparations are good for health as these are high source of protein. If you want to shed extra weight, then salmon is the better option for you because these are enriched with omega-3 fatty acids, that help in improving the insulin sensitivity that helps in building the muscles. This means more muscle power will help you in boosting you metabolism and results in cutting down the calories.
- Chia seeds- Chia seeds are the best foods for weight loss, as these are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, and iron. These seeds act like a sponge, which help in absorbing sugar and stabilizing blood sugar levels. Due to the rich and high fiber content, Chia seeds can hold up to twenty times their weight in water. Moreover, when you mix Chia seeds with oatmeal along with unsweetened chocolate almond milk, they will absorb the liquid and helps you keep full, which will resist you from eating unhealthy foods.
The above mentioned foods and ingredients are some of the ways that help people in reducing their weight and calories. But, it is a genuine fact that eating healthy and low calorie food alone cannot do wonders. Therefore, regular exercise along with a proper balanced diet is must, if you want an attractive slim body.
For losing weight by doing exercise, you can do regular brisk walking for thirty minutes. You can also do cycling for 20 minutes a day. These will keep you away from various heart diseases and diabetes related issues by improving your blood pressure. Furthermore, regular exercise promotes better sleep and builds healthy bones, muscles and joints.
Medicines for reducing calories and weight:
If you cannot resist yourself from eating unhealthy and greasy foods then you are left with the option of medicines. Weight loss medicines such as Mazindol, Diethylpropion, Benzphetamine, and Orlistat are very effective for people who want to lose weight. But, one thing you should keep in mind that these medicines alone cannot do the magic. For getting effective results you have to take the previously mentioned medicines with controlled and healthy diet.
You can shop for these medicines from various online supplement stores and over-the-counter shops as well. Moreover, to get a slim figure or body, you have to maintain a low calorie diet along with these medicines. Whereas, the benefit of consuming the mentioned medicines for reducing calories is that you may not feel hungry, as these medicines will keep you feel full after having a small amount of food. Moreover, be sure to recommend your doctor before taking these medicines.
There is no way of quitting greasy foods, but you can restrict them because for you, health should be considered as the prime priority as it is your life. To lead a healthy life, try to include the above mentioned foods in your diet to see the result. Moreover, if you are serious to lead a healthy life along with shedding your weight, then this blog is will be wonder for you.
To know more about a healthy diet and the different ways of losing weight, do read this blog.
Latest posts by Steve Marc (see all)
- Foods to Increase Female Sex Drive - February 23, 2018
- Pneumonia in Early Life Elevates Asthma Risk - February 5, 2018
- Ways to get Rid of Lurkers, or Hidden Pimples - January 24, 2018
- Link between hormonal birth control and breast cancer revealed - January 8, 2018
- Everything you Need to Know about Sulfa Allergies - January 3, 2018